Farmers Market ~ Under The Pavilion
- One of the finest markets in northern Michigan!
- Michigan farm producers sell fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, herbs, and much more under the Pavilion On Court in Downtown Gaylord.
- Open every Saturday, 8am to 1pm, May 26 through November 17 (possibly through December).
- And every Wednesday, 8am to 1pm, July through October.
- Gaylord Downtown Thanksgiving Farmers Market on November 21, 10am to 2pm.
- Ample parking is available.
- For more information on the market schedule contact the Gaylord Downtown Development Authority at 989-732-4060
Fleming Farm Corn Maze
- Over the 16 years during our pumpkin patch we have heard many requests for a corn maze so this year we are giving it a try!
- The maze will be opening on Saturday, September 22nd and run through the end of October.
- Located at 4264 Martindale Road ~ Gaylord Michigan
- It will be open on the weekends with weekday times available by appointment.
- The maze is set on 4 acres.
- The maze has been taking us between 30-45 minutes to walk through
- The cost will be $5 per person and children under 3 are free.
- You will have unlimited access for the day.
- When the pumpkin patch opens on Oct. 8th, you can do both for $8.
- Hope to see everyone there and to see this become an annual event
Customer Appreciation Week!
October 8th - 14th, 2012
- The Gaylord Golf Mecca Free Customer Appreciation Week is a celebration and a thank you to the many golfers from around the Midwest who frequent the region's top golf destination.
- The Free Customer Appreciation Week will include a Free round of golf w/cart with a paid night's lodging (Lodging rates vary depending on facility, 2 guests per room).
- The hotel will then make the tee-time and present a golf certificate to you upon check-in. The certificate MUST be presented to the golf course in order to get the Free round of golf.
Not valid with any other specials or offers.
*Some restrictions apply.
Conservation District's Tree & Plant Sale
Friday October 12, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Saturday October 13, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Plants are $2.00 each
Other items available for sale are native Michigan and Midwest
blends of wildflower seed, bat boxes, birdhouses, fertilizer tablets, garlic
stick repellent, tree flags, various tree guards and protectors, planting bars,
metal “trees planted, keep off” signs, nature books, plat books and
Used Book Sale
American Association of University Women Gaylord Area Branch Used Book Sale
Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - Noon
Book donation barrels located at Glen's Market, Oliver Chiropractic Clinic, Meyer Ace Hardware, United Way, and Alpine Chocolat Haus.
Proceeds used for scholarships for local girls and women.
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
Top of Michigan 100K and Team Relay
Want to try your first relay race? The Top of Michigan 100K Relay is great for first-timers, as well as for seasoned teams seeking a fun event with on a nice rural trail. Your team of six can ride in one vehicle. Team categories are age/gender handicapped on race day, which allows flexibility in assembling your team.
The 62.2 -mile course is on the hard-packed, crushed limestone North Central State Trail. The trail runs from Gaylord to Mackinaw City, with each relay leg at a community on the trail. The trail’s gentle grade is excellent for running with spectacular views. There are six individual legs, with each team member running one leg. The shortest leg is 5.6 miles, while the longest is 16.3 miles. Exchanges are well-marked and manned by volunteers. Method of exchange is a simple touch off by hand. There is also a 2 member team category, with the team members running multiple legs of the course.
As with the relay, the ultra events are excellent venues for runners stepping up to a 100K or seasoned runners looking for a fast time. The trail is generally smooth with the first 31 miles experiencing a gradual elevation drop of 770 feet.
There are six full aid stations and three mini food/water stations.
Categories are Open (under 45), Masters (+45), for both male and female. All ultra participants will receive their own unique ultra garment.
Results and Awards
Results will be available as soon as possible after the race at this Web site. Awards will be given to the top finishers in each category/division. All team relay members ultra finishers receive a unique medal. You must be present for the award.
Registering for the Race
Registration can be done by using the below forms or by going to Active.com (preferred) at the following link:
Fall Family Fun Festival Fundraiser
- Maze Course
- Bobbing for Apples
- Face Painting
Wristbands are available the day of the event
$5 Individuals, $20 Family
Status Update: 2012 WIne & Cheese Color Tour
Status UpdateBy The Otsego ClubTo all 2012 Wine & Cheese Color Tour Participants, as you are aware, we are currently experiencing some non-wine tour conducive weather. That will not deter us from enjoying some nice wine & food this weekend! If the weather will not permit us to tour the course on Saturday, we will move the wine & cheese (& beer) tasting into the Duck Blind Grille in the Main Lodge. We will still be able to see what is left of the beautiful colors and still stay warm & dry. Please let us know today if you do plan on attending because we still have over 60 people on a wait list. The cancellation deadline is 4pm today. Your member accounts and credit cards have already been charged for tickets so to receive a refund, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm to receive a credit on your account. See you Saturday!
We are looking forward to seeing you this Saturday at 3:00pm!
11th Annual Pumpkin Patch
- Free Pumpkin Patch @ the Gaylord Elk's Lodge
- A pumpkin for each child
- Cider ~ Donuts ~ Hayrides ~ Face Painting ~ coloring contests & more !
- MI Child ID (Child Identification Program) sponsored by Gaylord Cyrene Lodge # 366
- Must be accompanied by an adult
- Gaylord Elk's Lodge is located 116 Grandview Blvd