Farmer's Market Under The Pavilion
- The Gaylord Downtown Farmers Market is considered one of the finest markets in northern Michigan!
- Michigan farm producers sell fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, herbs, and much more under the downtown pavilion.
- In the warmer months, you’ll also find outdoor plants and flowers.
- Ample parking is available.
- Open every Saturday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, May 28 through October 29. And every Wednesday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, July through October.
- Don't miss the Downtown Gaylord Thanksgiving Farmers Market! November 23, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
One Man Photography Show
Robert deJonge "One-Man Photography Show" will be on display at the Gaylord Community Arts Center, 125 E. Main Street
"With 30 years experience as a professional photographer and designer, Mr. deJonge's work will add unique beauty and style to our downtown gallery," says a representive from the Arts Council.
Discovering Sign Language ~ @ Gaylord Discovery Center
- Gaylord Discovering Center presents: Discovering Sign Language
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am ages 0-5 years - Thursday: family signs, numbers & The Three Bears ~ Friday: Toys, animals, letters & playtime ~ Saturday: feelings, colors, questions & sing-a-long
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm ~ ages - 1st - 3rd graders - Thursday: family signs, numbers & stories ~ Friday: toys, animals, letters & games ~ Saturday: feelings, colors, questions & an activity
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ~ ages 4th - 6th graders ~ Thursday: family signs, numbers & stories ~ Friday: toys, animals, letters & games ~ Saturday: feelings, colors, quesitons & an acitivity
- Kids: $ 8.00 & Parents: $ 5.00
- Punch Card: N/A
30th Annual Otsego Lake Sea Plane Splash-In
- The hum of aircraft engines and the faint smell of exhaust can be experienced by all in attendance.
- As the planes fly over Otsego Lake and compete in various events, spectators stand on the shoreline in awe of this once a year event.
- Kicking off Saturday's events will be a parade of planes over Main Street in Gaylord.
- Then the pilots will compete in competitions.
- Check it out at www.seaplanes.org
- 989-732-6521 ( Jan - April) or 989-731-6448 ( May - Oct)
Free Fishing Weekend
- All fishing license fees will be waived for residents and outside visitors who want to fish our wonderful rivers, inland and Great Lakes
- Have a good time, but remember: all fishing rules and regulations still apply
Bicycle Rodeo @ Otsego Regional Airport
The Gaylord Kiwanis Club, along with Otsego Memorial Hospital (OMH), City of Gaylord Police and Fire departments, Otsego County Sheriff Department and the Otsego County Ambulance EMS will hold a bicycle rodeo on the grounds of the Otsego Regional Airport from 9 a.m. until noon on Saturday, June 11. The bicycles will be registered by either the police or sheriff’s department. Registrants will also be asked to sign a waiver and release form. The bikes will be checked for safety.
Free helmets will be provided courtesy of OMH. And a drawing will be held for bikes courtesy of Walmart and Meijer of Gaylord. Soft drinks and chips provided by local merchants will be served by members of the Gaylord Kiwanis Club and Key Club of Gaylord High School.
The participants will also ride courses to test their skills with their bicycles and their recognition of safety rules. In addition to the bicycles rodeo, there will be the opportunity to visit the airport facility to see airplanes up close, fire engines and an ambulance.
The rodeo will take place rain or shine. If there is inclement weather, we will be inside a hangar. Signs will be posted to direct you to the designated area of the airport.
Participants are requested to bring their own bicycles
Edelweiss Garden Club Plant Exchange at the Pavilion
- Bring plants in containers that do not need to be returned and label each plant with the name and growing environment.
50th Annual Pony Express Parade
50th Annual Pony Express Parade - Otsego County Mounted Division
The 50th Annual Pony Express Parade will be held on Saturday, June 11, 2011 beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Main Street in Gaylord, Michigan. Please click here for more information on this year's featured recipient, Allison Pyle
Please click here for more information on the Otsego County Mounted Division: http://www.ocmdlaw.com/
Free Healing Share
- "Free Healing Share" second weekend of every month until September 2011
- The Free Healing Share will be a healing workshop. India Health Today will share their healing experience and also will provide/share healing to every participant. India Health Today will share/use Reiki Healing, Crystal Healing, & Acupressure Healing.
- For more information contact India Health Today; 400 W. Main Street, Suite 204; 231-360-1435
- Email: email@example.com; or visit http://www.indiahealthtoday.com