Relay For Life !
June 2nd - 3rd, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM To 10:00 AM
Location: Otsego County Fairgrounds
- Although every Relay For Life is different, there are certain traditions shared by all Relays, no matter where they are held. These traditions help us celebrate, remember, and fight back.
- Celebrate - The Survivors Lap
The Survivors Lap is an inspirational time when survivors are invited to circle the track together and help everyone celebrate the victories we’ve achieved over cancer. The Survivors Lap is an emotional example of how Relay participants are creating a world with more birthdays like those of each individual on the track.
- Remember - The Luminaria Ceremony
We honor people who have been touched by cancer and remember loved ones lost to the disease during the Luminaria Ceremony. Candles are lit inside bags filled with sand, each one bearing the name of a person touched by cancer, and participants often walk a lap in silence.
- Fight Back - The Fight Back Ceremony
There is a Fight Back Ceremony where we make a personal commitment to save lives by taking up the fight against cancer.
- Check back often to find out everything you need to know about our event!
- We can't wait to Relay and hope you'll join us.