2nd Annual Butch Harmon Showcase @ The Loon Golf Resort
- Join Butch Harmon at the Loon Golf Resort for what’s sure to be a fun weekend of golfing, clinics, and great food in beautiful Northern Michigan.
- The 36 hole showcase will be played over two days at the Loon Golf Resort in a four person team format.
- Be side by side with Butch Harmon as he host clinics, plays on the course, and tells stories as only he can.
- You will not want to miss this great weekend at the Loon.
Annual Native American Pow Pow
- Come see Native American dancing, singing arts and crafts, Indian villages, teepees, kid's craft corner, authentic food like fry bread.
- Don't miss this super event for the whole family.
- We have so much entertainment it's going to be hard to fit it in in two days.
- We will have wig wams and all kinds of lifeway demos going on for your enjoyment.
- Admission is only $6.00 for anyone 5 years and older.
- Take care, God bless and hope to see you there.
- Sat: 10 am ~ 8 pm
- Sun: 10 am ~ 5 pm
Third Annual Music for Meals Benefit Concert
On Sunday, July 31st 2011, at 5pm, the Gaylord Community Music School in partnership with the First Congregational Church of Gaylord will hold the third annual Music for Meals Benefit Concert in support of the Friendship Shelter. Performances will include many of the area’s finest musicians, including GCMS faculty members, Joanna Bozin, Elizabeth and Grace Olson, Jim Van Eizenga, and Kathy Volke. Also appearing will be two very talented young students, Katie and Allie Rutkowski. There will be a wide variety of musical styles with Latin, classical, and other genres.
In addition, there will be a special guest appearance by Gaylord resident Alaric Rokko Jans, who is Chicago’s most noted composer for the stage and screen. Mr. Jans will be performing several selections from his film scores.
This not to be missed event will occur within the intimate setting of the fellowship hall next to the First Congregational Church complete with refreshments and hors d'oeuvres. There will be a suggested donation of $20 per person for this event which will aid the Friendship Shelter in their mission to help those most in need in our community. Tickets are available from Isabella’s Copper Pot, Gaylord Community Music School faculty, First Congregational Church, Friendship Shelter or at the door. First Congregational Church is centrally located at 218 West Second Street in downtown Gaylord. Please join us for an evening of wonderful entertainment, good food, and good company.
For more information or to purchase tickets call: Kathy Volke 989-306-0188, Susan Webeler 989-732-5726, or Marilyn Kaczanowski 989-732-5960.
This event is sponsored by Northwestern Bank and Isabella’s Copper Pot.