Michaywe' Arts & Crafts Fair
August 10th - 11th, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM To 5:00 PM
Location: Michaywe Club House
Phone: (989) 939-8919
The dates and times of the annual Michaywé Arts and Crafts Fair will be Friday, August 10th and Saturday, August 11th from 10 am to 5 pm on both days. Over 80 returning and new artists and craftspeople will be on hand regardless of weather conditions, in booths located in a beautiful park-like setting. Among the quality handcrafted items are ceramics, woodcrafts, dried flowers, jewelry, candles, country crafts, toys, clocks, purses, quilts, baskets, and stained glass. Lawn ornaments and a variety of clothing, as well as paintings in acrylics, oil, and watercolors, will be sold. Foods offered for sale include sausage, breads, dips, jams, jellies and kettle korn. Lunch and beverages will be available at the Michaywé Pro Shop and at the “Inn the Woods” Clubhouse restaurant.
The Michaywé Art Fair has grown substantially over the last 33 years, and includes not only local artisans, but those from Florida to Michigan’s U.P. and from Arizona to Maine. The outstanding and varied offerings have resulted in attendance surpassing 2,000. Fair committee chairperson Barb Grieger and 25 other volunteer committee members have been working hard to present another outstanding event. As an added feature, Gaylord radio station 101.5 FM will air a remote broadcast from the fair.
The Michaywe clubhouse and grounds are located at 1535 Opal Lake Road, six miles south of Gaylord, off Old 27 and Charles Brink Road. Parking is available at Opal Lake Road and Northstar Road, with frequent complimentary shuttle service. There is a $2 fee for parking, but admission to the fair is free. Package pickup is available at no charge. For more information, call the Michaywé office at 989-939-8919.
Bingo @ The Eagles Hall
August 10th - December 28th, 2012
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: The Eagles Hall
Phone: (989) 732-2921
Keith Scott ~ Under The Pavilion
August 10th, 2012
Time: 7:00 PM To 9:00 PM
Location: Under The Pavilion
Contact: Gaylord Downtown Development Authority
Phone: (989) 732-4060
- FREE CONCERT. 7pm - 9pm. Keith Scott is one of Chicago's most vibrant musicians.
- For the past 20 years he's built his reputation as a sizzling blues guitarist, dynamic performer, noteworthy songwriter and bandleader.
- Keith has toured the U.S. and Europe both with his band and blues great Jimmy Dawkins.
- However, he particularly loves touring northern Michigan in the summer and enjoying all the great activities.
- He has recorded five CD’s and his music has been featured on MTV Real World, Road Rules and the Disney Channel.
- Bring your lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy the sights and sounds under the “Pavilion On Court” in downtown Gaylord.
- Sponsored by the Gaylord Downtown Development Authority.
- For more information, please call Gaylord City Hall at 989-732-4060.