Farmers Market ~ Under The Pavilion
July 28th - November 17th, 2012
Time: 8:00 AM To 1:00 PM
Location: Under The Pavilion
Contact: Gaylord Downtown Development Authority
Phone: (989) 732-4060
- One of the finest markets in northern Michigan!
- Michigan farm producers sell fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, herbs, and much more under the Pavilion On Court in Downtown Gaylord.
- Open every Saturday, 8am to 1pm, May 26 through November 17 (possibly through December).
- And every Wednesday, 8am to 1pm, July through October.
- Gaylord Downtown Thanksgiving Farmers Market on November 21, 10am to 2pm.
- Ample parking is available.
- For more information on the market schedule contact the Gaylord Downtown Development Authority at 989-732-4060
Michaywe' Arts & Crafts Fair
August 10th - 11th, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM To 5:00 PM
Location: Michaywe Club House
Phone: (989) 939-8919
The dates and times of the annual Michaywé Arts and Crafts Fair will be Friday, August 10th and Saturday, August 11th from 10 am to 5 pm on both days. Over 80 returning and new artists and craftspeople will be on hand regardless of weather conditions, in booths located in a beautiful park-like setting. Among the quality handcrafted items are ceramics, woodcrafts, dried flowers, jewelry, candles, country crafts, toys, clocks, purses, quilts, baskets, and stained glass. Lawn ornaments and a variety of clothing, as well as paintings in acrylics, oil, and watercolors, will be sold. Foods offered for sale include sausage, breads, dips, jams, jellies and kettle korn. Lunch and beverages will be available at the Michaywé Pro Shop and at the “Inn the Woods” Clubhouse restaurant.
The Michaywé Art Fair has grown substantially over the last 33 years, and includes not only local artisans, but those from Florida to Michigan’s U.P. and from Arizona to Maine. The outstanding and varied offerings have resulted in attendance surpassing 2,000. Fair committee chairperson Barb Grieger and 25 other volunteer committee members have been working hard to present another outstanding event. As an added feature, Gaylord radio station 101.5 FM will air a remote broadcast from the fair.
The Michaywe clubhouse and grounds are located at 1535 Opal Lake Road, six miles south of Gaylord, off Old 27 and Charles Brink Road. Parking is available at Opal Lake Road and Northstar Road, with frequent complimentary shuttle service. There is a $2 fee for parking, but admission to the fair is free. Package pickup is available at no charge. For more information, call the Michaywé office at 989-939-8919.