Farmer's Market Under The Pavilion
- The Gaylord Downtown Farmer's Market is considered one of the finiest markets in Northern Michigan!
- Michigan farm producers sell fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, herbs and much more!
- In the warmer months you will find outdoor plants and flowers.
- Ample parking is available.
FARMFEST 2011 ~ Johannesburg
- Farmfest 2011 is bound to be another record breaking year.
- SO many Michigan musicians are finding sponsors.
- Get your tickets before June 1st via snail mail.
- We are still the best bang for your buck when it comes to Michigan festivals.
- $50 for your weekend pass.
- This includes camping. $60 if you get them at the gate.
- Volunteers get in for free.
- If you come to the gate and want to volunteer, you are required to pay the full amount, work your two 4-hour shifts sometime throughout the weekend...THEN get refunded.
- Volunteers are welcome to come set up camp on Wednesday.
- Contact Linda Houle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Michaywe Arts & Craft Fair @ Michaywe Club House
Friday Aug. 12th 8:00 am to 5:00pm
Saturday Aug 13th 9:00am to 4:00pm
The dates and times of the annual Michaywé Arts and Crafts Fair will be Friday, August 12th from 8 am to 5 pm and Saturday Aug 13th from 9 am to 4 pm. Over 80 returning and new artists and craftspeople will be on hand regardless of weather conditions, in booths located in a beautiful park-like setting. Among the quality handcrafted items are ceramics, woodcrafts, dried flowers, jewelry, candles, country crafts, toys, baskets, and stained glass. Lawn ornaments and a variety of clothing, as well as paintings in acrylics, oil, and watercolors, will be sold. Foods offered for sale include sausage, breads, dips, jams, jellies and kettle korn. Lunch and beverages will be available at the Michaywé Pro Shop and at the “Inn the Woods” Clubhouse restaurant.
The Michaywé Art Fair has grown substantially over the last 31 years, and includes not only local artisans, but those from Florida to Michigan’s U.P. and from Arizona to Maine. The outstanding and varied offerings have resulted in attendance surpassing 3,000. Fair committee chairperson Sylvia Beaudry and 25 other volunteer committee members have been working hard to present another outstanding event. As an added feature, Gaylord radio station 101.5 FM will air a three-hour remote broadcast from the fair.
The Michaywe clubhouse and grounds are located at 1535 Opal Lake Road, six miles south of Gaylord, off Old 27 and Charles Brink Road. Parking is available at Opal Lake Road and Northstar Road, with frequent complimentary shuttle service. There is a $2 fee for parking, but admission to the fair is free. Package pickup is available at no charge. For more information, call the Michaywé office at 989-939-8919.
Author "Elizabeth Kane" @ Saturn Booksellers
- Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli, author of the quirky Emily Kincaid, Northern Michigan mystery series, will be at Saturn for a 'sit and sign' event.
- Please stop in to chat and get your books signed!
- Her newest book, Dead Dogs and Englishmen, will be out in July...