Butch Harmon School of Golf
August 17th - 19th, 2012
Location: The Loon Golf Resort
Contact: Rob Schrader
Phone: (989) 732-4454
Golf School Includes:
- 3 nights accommodations @ The Loon Golf Resort
- 2 days instruction with Harmon Staff Professionals
- Computerized video analysis
- 9-Hole playing lesson each full school day of the Harmon School
- Breakfast & Lunch provided @ The Loon each day of the school
To register, Click HERE, or contact Rob Schrader @ (989) 732-4454
Yoga Fest 2012 @ Vanderbilt MI
August 17th - 19th, 2012
Location: Song of the Morning Yoga Retreat
Phone: (989) 983-4107
Raising the Collective Consciousness
Otsego County Fair
August 19th - 25th, 2012
Location: Otsego County Fairgrounds
Phone: (989) 732-3811
- Saturday: Polish Night
- Sunday: Little Mister & Miss & Queens Pageant @ 7 pm
- Tuesday: Skerbeck Brothers Midway Opens 5 pm - 11 pm
- Wednesday: Skerbeck Brothers Midway Opens 12 pm - 11 pm
- Thursday: Skerbeck Brothers Midway Opens 12 pm - 11 pm
- Friday: Skerbeck Brothers Midway Opens 12 pm - 11 pm
- Saturday: Skerbeck Brothers Midway Opens 12 pm - 11 pm
The Great Cardboard Boat Race & Solar Plunge
August 19th, 2012
Time: 1:00 PM
Location: Otsego Lake County Park
Contact: Marilyn Kaczanowski
Phone: (989) 732-5960
The Great Cardboard Boat Race
1:00 PM ~ Sunday ~ August 19th, 2012
Otsego Lake County Park
Entrance to the Otsego Lake County Park will be "FREE"
Registration form & fee due by Friday ~ August 3rd, 2012
Registration fee ~ $50.00 minimum per boat team (prize awarded for the team who raises the most money)
Two T-Shirts include with registration ~ extra T-Shirts available for $ 8.00 each
For questions call Marilyn Kaczanowski ~ 989-732-5960
Cardboard Boat Building is an art (assuming the designers goal is to compete and not sink) and Race Rules are very strict.
There are 3 key components in the building process:
The main hull of the boats must be constructed from corrugated board, Tape and Paint… (Glue or other building materials are prohibited-except in non-structural components)
To design and build a human-powered corrugated cardboard boat capable of racing a 200 yard course, on Otsego Lake at Otsego Lake County Park.
All boats are to be designed and built prior to the day of the race.
No boat building the day of the event.
All racers must come ready to race.
Boats may be powered by canoe paddles, kayak paddles or muscle power.
All participants must sign a “Hold Harmless” release prior to the race.
If a racer is under 18 years old the release must be signed by a parent or guardian.