Keeping the kids happy can make or break a vacation, but when visiting Otsego County, boredom is never a consideration. When the weather won't cooperate or the little ones have just plain run out of things to do, that's when it's time to venture out and discover the many attractions that can put smiles back on their faces.
- Elk Viewing - Either in the Pigeon River State Forest or Aspen Park in the city limits you're sure to see these massive beautiful creatures.
- Visit the 24-lane Gaylord Bowling Center August through May
- Otsego County Sportsplex, where the kids and grownups can swim in an Olympic-size pool or rent a pair of skates an take to the ice for "wintertime" fun, even as the sidewalks are sizzling outside.
- Energy Outlet, a quaint park filled with slides, swings and climbing equipment. Throughout the park are structures embedded with information and etchings of the dinosaur age, and surrounding all the fun stuff is a paved walking track.
- Call Of The Wild, where lifelike replicas of Michigan's wildlife will greet you at every turn of the tunnel. At Call of the Wild, fun and learning go hand in hand, and it's almost a sure thing that kids will want to go back again and again.