9th Annual Alpenfrost
9th Annual Alpenfrost - February 15, 2020 - The 9th Annual Alpenfrost celebrates the heart of the winter season in Gaylord! This year’s event starts with the popular Frosty 5K and concludes with a moonlit snowshoe hike through the lovely grounds of the Otsego Resort.
Schedule of Events
Friday, Feb 14, /2020
- 7 - 10 pm - The Snowball! Alpenfrost Kickoff party at the Igloo Village at Alpine Tavern. Take your sweetie to a dance party! Dance the night away. Give-aways. - Live music, drink specials, food specials and fun.
Saturday, Feb 15, 2020
- 8 am Late check-in for the frosty 5k at the Alpenfrost HQ , 133 W. Main Street
- 9 am the ALL Outdoors Gaylord Alpenfrost - Frosty 5k Start and Finish at the pavillion, downtown Gaylord $25 https://runsignup.com/alpenfrost
- 9 am Alpenfrost Craft Show - Craft booths open at Alpenfost HQ 133w. Main Street. At the Alpenfrost HQ Presented by Go North Properties.
- 10 am - 5 pm Find The Yeti - Presented by the local Girl Scouts - Kids Event - Downtown Gaylord Shops and Restaurants. “Help the Yeti Troop Leader find her missing Girl Scouts” Win Girlscout cookies and prizes from downtown shops - FREE
- 9 am - 5 pm “Dash for Cash” sales specials at the downtown merchants along with treats - Downtown Gaylord
- 10 am World's largest Hot Cocoa Bar Presented by GreyStone Coffee - At The pavillion - FREE
- 10:30 am-11 am Storytime at Saturn Books 127 W. Main Street - FREE
- 11 am Meeting and Book Signing by Author S.A. HUNT at Saturn Books - 127 W. Main Street - FREE
- 11:15 am to Noon, Yoga-45 is offering a free gentle yoga class for those with 5k bib, or $5 minimum donation to benefit the Library.
- 11:30 am-1:30 pm, Anna, Elsa and the Alpenfrost Snowman- FREE
- 11:30 am - 2:30 pm Real Horse-Drawn Sleigh Ride - Downtown Gaylord at the Pavillion - FREE
- 1 pm-2 pm Gaylord Council of the Arts kids class - 125 E Main Street - FREE
- 6 pm - 7:30 pm. Guided torchlight Snowshoe hike hosted by White Birch Outfitters and Headwaters Land Conservancy at Otsego Resort. Free to join - Snowshoe rentals are $10 donation to Headwaters Land Conservancy. Only 50 pairs of snowshoe rentals avail - NO Snowshoe RENTAL RESERVATION - GET TO THE RIVER CABIN EARLY and Claim a pair of snowshoes starting at 5 pm and enjoy yourself at the River Cabin. Fantastic Burgers and Chili.
6 pm - 10 pm. Winter Bonfire and Party - FREE. Otsego Resort River Cabin Bon Fire and s’mores. At the River Cabin. Food and adult beverages available for purchase. Take free shuttle from main Otsego Resort parking lot to river cabin. 696 M-32 East.