Family Hike – Community Garden
Saturday, December 10, 2022
Location:Gaylord, MI 49735
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
For Children birth to eight, with Parents/ Caregivers. Other family welcome too!
We’ll hike and explore the trails at the Otsego Conservation District Demonstration Forest. These are a mixed woods, easy trails, short distance. What will we discover?
We do kid distances and take time to explore. There’s LOTS for a young explorer to find in the winter woods.
Your family can also prowl around on your own as well – maze, sound garden, and more!
– We’ll have a hand-warming fire, hot drink, and a quick winter make-it project.
– Snowshoes and sleds for pulling kids on the trail will be available OR bring your own.
– Activities are all outside- dress for the weather.
– Parents, are with their children at all times.
– Come and go as you wish.
– Free of charge.
– Water provided- bring your own bottle.
– The garden has ADA accessible paths of hard gravel and pavers. To access these, park by the large building to the south. on the trail the ground is natural and may be snowy
– The garden’s indoor rest room will be open for us.
Directions: Just north of Gaylord- From the roundabout on North Center Street (Old 27 N), turn east onto Livingston Blvd. Then follow the Community Garden and KOO signs.
Organized by ‘Kids Outdoors Otsego,’ KOO, a volunteer group promoting outdoor activity in nature for young children with their parents. Thanks Otsego Conservation District for welcoming us!
For information, questions, or to share ideas about this hike, go to –
– Facebook- post here
– Email us at KOO