Indian River River Kayak-Bike Biathlon July 23
Sunday, July 23
Location:6521 Oak Glen Street
Indian River, MI 49749
The 16th annual Indian River Kayak-Bike Biathlon will take place Sunday, July 23, at Burt Lake’s DeVoe Beach.
Open to the first 100 registrants, the event features 2.24 miles of kayaking on the scenic Inland Waterway and 11.68 miles of bicycling on the North Central State Trail, all starting at DeVoe Beach.
Check in and onsite registration begins at 8 a.m.; the race starts at 9.
Registration is open at www.runsignup.com.
Organized by the Top of Michigan Trails Council, which oversees the region’s 325-mile non motorized trail system, the event coincides with Indian River’s SummerFest, July 21-23.
Indian River Biathlon is a kayak bike biathlon falls on the 3rd Sunday of July each year. In 2022 we celebrate our 15th anniversary. The race is held in conjunction with the Indian River Summerfest.
Proceeds from the event support trail projects in the area. Past funds have helped support construction of the Burt Lake Trail and xc ski grooming at Wildwood Hills Pathway.
The course includes 2.24 miles of kayaking on the scenic Inland Waterway and 11.68 miles of bicycling on the North Central State Trail (crushed limestone).
Registration is now open for this July 23, 2023 event.
Event Details and Logistics:
- The event is limited to the first 100 registered participants.
- Participants can enter for fun, fitness, and/or competition.
- The course begins with 2.24 miles of kayaking on the beautiful and historic Inland Waterway (Burt Lake and the Indian River). The course ends with 11.68 miles of bicycling on the scenic North Central State Trail, which is crushed lime-stone (not recommended for extremely narrow tires).
- The start is at DeVoe Beach at 9AM. The transition from kayaking to biking is also at DeVoe Beach. The finish-line is near the Chamber of Commerce Building. Refreshments, awards, and prizes are back at DeVoe Beach. The award ceremony begins at 11AM.
- Check-in begins at 8 AM at DeVoe Public Beach in Indian River.
- Registration includes free refreshments, free t-shirt and entry into drawings for great prizes.
- Beautiful wood plaques will be awarded to the top finishers in each age/gender category.
- All proceeds will go to support our beautiful trails in Northern Michigan.
- Participants must provide their own bicycle and proper helmet and kayak with paddle, and Coast Guard approved life-jacket.
- For more information or to volunteer for this event contact Top of Michigan Trails Council 231-348-8280, or email email@example.com
- This event is a fundraiser. 100% of the proceeds are donated to maintain quality trails in our local area. $60 until May 31, $70 until June 30, $80 until July 22, $90 on site (space permitting).